I spent this morning with Boris visiting businesses and shoppers in Bromley and Sidcup and this afternoon at the launch of his 9 point plan for London at the Spring conference.
The plan builds on the things which have already been delivered over the last four years and sets out specifics for the next four.
- Cutting waste at City Hall – freeing up £3.5 billion for services.
- Putting £445 back in your pocket by freezing the Mayoral share of council tax.
- Creating 200,000 new jobs over the next four years.
- Making our streets and homes safer with 1,000 more police on the beat.
- Restoring 300 acres of green space and planting 20,000 street trees.
- Investing £221 million to transform local high streets, supporting small businesses.
- Ensuring a true Olympic legacy – 11,000 new homes and 10,000 new jobs.
- Reducing Tube delays 30% by 2015. Building Crossrail and orbital rail to link our suburbs. Extending the Bike Hire scheme.
- Securing a better deal for London from No 10